Reddit is a place where people prefer to be anonymous. This is one of the main advantages of the site. If you have a deeply personal problem with which you need help, you can use Reddit anonymously to do so. Furthermore, there is the possibility of creating an intelligent user name. Of course, Reddit is much more than another online community. People use it to follow the news and develop events, interact with AMA celebrities and learn great skills from the do-it-yourself community. Reddit has evolved to meet these new needs. Its official apps for iOS and Android now allow you to add your location to a Reddit post.
How To Add Your Location To A Reddit Post
Open the Reddit app on your device (iPhone or Android phone). Once again, you need to use the official Reddit app. There are some popular third-party apps available for Reddit, but this feature is only available in the official app so far.
- Sign in to your Reddit account.
- Tap the “Post something interesting”
- In the pop-up window, select the type of post you want to make.
- You can create a text post, an image or share a link. You can add your position to a Reddit post regardless of type.
5. Before you can add your location, you need to select which subnet you want to publish. The position option is not displayed until you select a subreddit. We are speculating here, but perhaps this means that there are some subreddits that do not allow you to publish your position.
6. After selecting a subreddit, the “Add location” option will be displayed below it. Tap it and, from the list of places that appear on the next screen, select one. Alternatively, use the search bar at the top of the Add Location screen and search for a location. The app does not indicate the current position as Google Maps does. Find instead the main places marked nearby.
This means that you may be able to mark a place that sells Twinkies, but you cannot mark your home when you post to r / Roastme.
Fouresquare provides the location and not Google Maps, so if you can’t find a particular location, it could be because it’s not marked by Foursquare.
A word of caution is needed here. It is a great community. For the most part, users are good people, but they have trolls like any other online community. Be careful when you decide to add your position or that of another person to a Reddit post. People are known to get angry with the app and don’t want to contribute to the problem.