By default, Apple offers only 5 GB of free storage on Apple iCloud. You need to upgrade to a larger storage plan on your iPhone or iPad if additional space is needed. That being said, some of the basic tasks, like taking iPhone Backup, consume a significant amount of this free space. The vast majority of buyers buy the entry-level iPhone and never intend to upgrade from the free level. So, if you’re in this crisis, try clearing the cache.
Keep reading the post for more details on clearing the iPhone cache and freeing up space.
Also Read: How to tag a location on Snapchat
How to Clear Cache from iPhone
Although the iPhone is quite reliable and surprisingly fast, it can eventually become a memory overload of pigs and a cache full of garbage. As such, giving a much-needed spring cleaning to free up space on the iPhone becomes a necessary exercise.
Clear the Safari browser cache
- To completely clear the Safari browser cache, go to Settings on your iPhone, select “Safari” and look for the “Clear history and website data”
- When you find it, tap Clear history and website data.
Delete cookies on iPhone
- Go to Settings> Safari> Advanced> Website Data. Then tap Remove all website data.
- If you are a Chrome user, start the browser, go to Options> Settings and choose “Privacy”.
- After that, select the option “Privacy”.
- Then “Clear browsing data”.
- Finally, select the browsing data you want to delete (cookies, history, images, and cached files) and tap Clear browsing data (marked in red).
Clean app cache, documents, and other data on iPhone or iPad
App data (also known as documents and data) includes fragments of written notes, call history, voice memos, e-mail attachments and more. All of these are of little use but tend to accumulate over time and consume valuable space. All data stored by these unknown apps can be deleted using the “Usage” option found in “Settings” of the device.
Follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” section on your iPhone / iPad.
- Switch to the “General” section and under it, select the option “Storage and iCloud usage”.
- Next, in the “Storage” section visible at the top, choose “Manage storage”.
- Now, select an app that consumes a significant amount of space.
Also, take a look at “Documents and data”. Some apps like Facebook, Netflix have a lot of content and, therefore, include the largest fragments of documents and data. If these apps consume large amounts of memory (over 500 MB), write them immediately. So, go ahead and free up space.
Tap “Delete App” and go directly to the App Store to download it again. This action will perform a clean installation without retaining all the data and documents.
Free storage space on the iPhone
It is always advisable to keep recently deleted folders in notes and memos, as well as delete the trash in the mail. For most of the part, iOS will manage your memory effectively without you having to do anything. However, you can clear the memory by occasionally restarting an iPhone.
Here’s how to restart your iPhone
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button visible in the upper right corner of your iPhone until the ‘slide to power off‘ option is visible.
- Then slide the switch-off cursor and wait until the device is turned off completely.
- Press and hold the Suspend / Activation button to turn on the iPhone.
- Doing it regularly can help you free up memory space.
Use an application to clear the cache on the iPhone
There are dozens of applications available to help you quickly get rid of files you don’t need. All you have to do is download these applications on your Mac or Windows PC, connect your iPhone (or iPad) and let the application do its magic. The PhoneClean application is presented as a viable option. The application knows exactly which files are useless and how to cut them safely.
Also Read: How To Add A Contact In WhatsApp Messenger
To view the app, delete iOS junk files, proceed as follows
- Connect the iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC using the USB cable.
- Start the PhoneClean application and press the “Scan” button.
- Immediately, the app starts searching for unwanted and unwanted files that will be deleted and lists them.
- Simply press “Clean” to try a faster iPhone.
Therefore, with the above methods, you can clear the cache and try a completely new iPhone.