If you’ve at any point jumped into tweaking your Android gadget past the methods for apps from the Play Store, you may have gone over Edit Build.prop file. It’s situated in the/framework catalog of your gadget.
What’s build.prop file?
You may ponder what does build.prop file does, and for what reason is it so important for the OS installed on your gadget. Indeed, build.prop file contains data about framework properties and other basic form data which is used framework wide on an Android gadget.
Strings and qualities characterized under build.prop file are basic to the OS, as they characterize what highlights are to be enabled on the gadget. By altering build.prop file, you can make or modify framework properties which are then stacked when your gadget reboots.
We as of late completed a post on How to Edit Build.prop file on Android using a build.prop supervisor app from the Play Store, which requires root get to. Be that as it may, if you don’t wish to or can’t root your Android gadget however can boot a custom recovery like TWRP onto it, then additionally you can alter the build.prop without root.
Also see: CyanogenMod 13 aka CM13 Release Date
A custom recovery accompanies full root access and capacity to set up an ADB association with modifying/change files on the framework segment of your Android gadget. Thus, you can use a custom recovery to alter build.prop file without rooting your gadget. For assistance installing TWRP recovery on your gadget pursue TWRP installation help pages for Fastboot and Odin flashable TWRP pictures
If you’re a tenderfoot user, it’s prudent that you don’t alter the build.prop file esteems dependent on your own knowledge. Ensure the framework esteems you’re hoping to alter in build.prop file is originating from a specialist/knowledgeable Android user. Else, you may finish up with a delicate bricking your Android gadget
How to Edit Build.prop Without Rooting your gadget
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Boot your Android gadget into TWRP recovery.
- Select Mount » and after that select System from the rundown of allotments to mount the framework parcel and afterward return.
- Connect your gadget to the PC with an authentic USB link.
- Open command prompt on the PC and issue the accompanying order to pull build.prop file from the gadget:
adb pull /system/build.prop
- The above order will download the build.prop file to your PC in a similar registry. Where your direction prompt is running from.
Make a copy of the build.prop file before you alter it with the goal that you have a reinforcement of the first file.
- Download and install Notepad++ programming on your PC.
- Open the build.prop file on your PC using the Notepad++ program.
- Alter the build.prop file according to your necessity and spare it on the PC subsequent to rolling out the improvements.
- When you’ve spared the alters to the build.prop file, drive it back to the gadget using the accompanying order:
adb push build.prop /system/
- Now set the right consents for the build.prop file with following directions (issue them one-by-one):
adb shell cd system chmod 644 build.prop
- When you’ve set the right consent for build.prop file, reboot your gadget to the framework from TWRP’s Reboot » System choice.
That is it. You’ve now effectively altered build.prop without root on your Android gadget.