Elitist! The custom kernel with auto-root used for rooting Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6 G920 variants is now accessible as an Odin flashable (.tar) file for the Galaxy S6 edge also. You can use it root practically the majority of the Galaxy S6 edge G925 variants running on Android 5.1.1 update.
Simply get the UniKernel .tar file from the download links beneath and flash it to your S6 edge by means of Odin. You’ll have root get to.
Root Galaxy S6 edge on Android 5.1.1 through ODIN
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy S6 edge into Download mode:
- Turn off your tablet.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a couple of moments until you see a notification screen.
- Press Volume Up on the notification screen to acknowledge it and boot into Download mode.
- When your S6 edge is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB link. The Odin window on PC ought to recognize the phone and demonstrate an “Additional!!” message.
- Now click on the AP button on Odin window and select the S6-UniKernel_v2-0002-ODIN.tar file that you downloaded previously.
Note: DON’T plays with some other alternatives on the screen. You’re just required to connect your Galaxy S6 edge and select the KERNEL file in PA tab.
- Snap the Start button on Odin and sit tight for it to complete the procedure. When it has completed effectively, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your phone will consequently reboot when Odin is finished flashing. You should now have root get to, search for the SuperSU app in your app cabinet.
To verify root get to, download and install this root checker app from Play Store.