OnePlus Says All Future Phones to Support Fluid Display Tech, OnePlus Pay to Launch in 2020
Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus took the wraps off the OnePlus 7T at an event on September 27. The new smartphone not only comes with a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor but also gets a 90Hz display. At the event, co-founder Carl Pei announced that all future smartphones will support Fluid Display tech. It also announced OnePlus Play at the same event and introduced a new Olive Green colour variant of the OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2.
The display panel on the OnePlus 7T has a 90Hz refresh rate dubbed ‘Fluid’ display by OnePlus. The company claims that it has optimized the hardware and the software to respond to touch 38 percent faster than a typical Android smartphone. It added that all future smartphones will use Fluid Display tech, and thus we can expect 90Hz or higher refresh rates. It mentions that it has worked with Qualcomm to ensure that the SoCs used in its devices are tuned to work with higher refresh rate. The smartphone can detect the increased performance need and ramp up the CPU to deliver a smooth UI experience. The OnePlus 7T has an AMOLED display with HDR10+ support, and we can expect this to be the bare minimum to expect from a smartphone.
OnePlus also announced OnePlus Pay at the same occasion to compete with Apple Pay and Google Pay. The company hasn’t mentioned the technology behind it and which banks will support it. We can expect OnePlus Pay to be based on NFC contact less payments like most others currently do, though in India, UPI-based payments are also probably. It’ll be interesting to see which regions the company rolls out its new payment system to, however, it isn’t coming anytime soon. The company has declared a 2020 launch, so we can expect it on a future OnePlus device.
- OnePlus 7 Android 10 update, OxygenOS 10, Open Beta Android 10 released
- LG G6 Android 9 Pie, Android 10 update Verizon and EU users get Android 9
- How To Use Google Assistant To Organize Your Life
Towards the end of the event. OnePlus likewise uncovered a new Olive Green colour for its Bullets Wireless 2. This is just an additional colour option and the OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 is still the same. It has a USB Type-C port placed in the neckband for charging.
- Display 55-inch (1080×2400)
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- Front Camera 16MP
- Rear Camera 48MP + 16MP + 12MP
- RAM 8GB
- Storage 128GB
- Battery Capacity 3800mAh
- OSAndroid 10
- Excellent for overall performance
- All the features of OxygenOS 10 and security of Android 10
- Good battery life with extremely quick charging
- Premium looks and construction quality
- Great display and good speakers
- Some bugs and inconsistencies with the camera app
- Low-light photos and videos could be better
- No water or dust resistance
OnePlus 7T Full Specifications