It has just been two or three weeks since the declaration of Xiaomi’s Redmi 4 Prime and Redmi 4 Pro, and the outsider devs as of now have an informal form of TWRP recovery prepared to install/flash to both the devices.
For the unknown, TWRP recovery allows you to install/flash unsigned compress files to your device. This can be rooting contents, custom ROMs or mods or other comparative stuff. You can likewise take full reinforcement of your phone total with all apps and diversions (with information) and other device settings. Android as of now doesn’t bolster reinforcements of this sort, so this is a standout amongst the most useful highlights of TWRP recovery.
Likewise, with TWRP now accessible, you can root Redmi 4 Prime and Redmi 4 Pro effectively by flashing SuperSU zip using the recovery. SuperSU is created and kept up by Chainfire, a renowned engineer in the Android rooting scene.
Note: You should have an opened bootloader on your device to have the option to install TWRP recovery. Xiaomi has its own arrangement for permitting bootloader open on its devices, look at it here.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Redmi 4 Prime/Pro
- Download TWRP recovery .img file for your Redmi 4 Prime/Pro and spare to a different folder on your PC.
- Configure ADB and Fastboot on your PC
- Enable USB Debugging on your device:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Go to About phone and tap multiple times on Build number, this will Enable Developer options.
- Now return to Settings and you’ll see Developer Options there, open it.
- Tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Open the folder where you spared TWRP Recovery .img file in Step 1 above.
- Now open a Command window inside that folder. To do that, “Shift + Right Click” on any vacant void area inside the folder and after that select “Open command window here” from the setting menu.
- Connect your Redmi 4 Prime/Pro to the PC. Furthermore, type the accompanying into the direction window we opened in Step 5 above to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
- adb reboot bootloader
- If you get an authorization discourse on your device to “Permit USB troubleshooting”, tap OK.
- When your device boots into bootloader mode, issue the accompanying direction into order window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
- fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- └ Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file, OR change your TWRP recovery filename to twrp.img and use the direction above.
- Once TWRP is effectively flashed on your device, issue the accompanying order to reboot:
- fastboot reboot
That’s it in a nutshell. TWRP recovery ought to be installed on your device now. To boot into the naturally installed recovery, just issue the adb reboot recovery order from PC direction line when your device boots into the framework.
How Root Redmi 4 Prime/Pro using SuperSU
- Download and transfer the SuperSU compress file from the download link above to your Redmi 4 Prime/Pro inside/outside memory.
- Boot your Redmi 4 Prime/Pro into TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU compress file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- In the wake of choosing the .compress file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the base of the screen to start the flashing procedure.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System alternative, select it.
That is it. Your Redmi 4 Prime/Pro is now rooted. To verify root get to, install/download any root checker app from the Play Store