Samsung started the rollout of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus prior this week, however people like us, who didn’t install the update because there wasn’t any working root method known at the time, well, your hold up is now finished.
dr.ketan over at xda has quite recently discharged a custom portion that you can flash to your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928, which will permit root, and let you install SuperSU apk physically to get root get to.
Nonetheless, the entire procedure of getting root S6 Edge Plus on Marshmallow update isn’t that basic. You’ve to get a working TWRP first, which (shockingly) can be used that of the Note 5 — TWRP 3.0 form.
However, then once more, you can’t install TWRP on the Marshmallow bootloader on your S6 Edge Plus. So you’ll be flashing the old 5.1.1 bootloader first, then flash Note 5 TWRP work to your S6 Edge Plus, then flash dr.ketan’s custom bit, and after that flash the Marshmallow bootloader back to get back everything to ordinary yet with root get to. Phew!
Likewise, while doing this, you get the opportunity to install Xposed on your S6 Edge Plus running Marshmallow and furthermore incidentally fix the profound rest issue until Samsung discharges a fix formally.
- dr.ketan’s custom kernel for G928 (.zip)
- Xposed custom build by Wanam (.zip)
- Old LP Bootloader (.tar)
- New MM Bootloader (.tar)
- Download Odin 3.10.7
- TWRP Recovery (.tar)
- Download and transfer both the custom part and Xposed system compress files to your S6 Edge Plus.
- Concentrate Odin files and run Odin3 v3.10.7.exe on your PC.
- Select the Options tab on left piece of Odin and untick/uncheck the “Auto reboot” choice.
- Put your S6 Edge Plus into Download M0de and connect it to the PC with a USB link.
- Flash the old LP bootloader: Click the BL button on Odin and select old LP bootloader file you downloaded above (LP_sboot.tar.md5) and hit Start button.
- Flash TWRP Recovery: Click the AP button on Odin and select the TWRP recovery tar file you downloaded above and hit Start button.
- Disconnect device from PC. Close Odin.
- Boot your S6 Edge Plus into TWRP recovery.
- Install/Flash the Xposed structure file from TWRP.
- Install/Flash dr.ketan’s custom piece file from TWRP.
- Boot your phone into Download Mode once more, Open Odin on PC and connect your phone to PC.
- Flash the new MM bootloader: Click the BL button on Odin and select new MM bootloader file you downloaded above (MM_sboot.tar.md5) and hit Start button.
- Let your S6 Edge Plus reboot now.
- When booted, download and install SuperSU app from Play Store.
- Reboot device by and by.
That’s it in a nutshell. Appreciate root with Xposed and profound rest fix on your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus running Marshmallow.