WhatsApp has become a global phenomenon. It is the most popular messaging app in the world, with over 1.6 billion users accessing the WhatsApp messenger monthly.
With so many people communicating through this messenger, taking a backup of WhatsApp chat has become a necessity. Backup helps users in many different ways. It can help you recover deleted WhatsApp messages. Chats can be restored if the person accidentally deleted the Android app.
WhatsApp chat backup is also useful when a user changes their smartphone. You can easily restore WhatsApp chat on their new phone. The caveat is that it only works when a user switches from one Android phone to another.
How to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone (from iPhone to Android)
The WhatsApp restore feature becomes useless when a user tries to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone or vice versa. The problem arises due to the incompatibility of Google Backup with iOS devices and, similarly, iCloud with Android devices.
Although it is not possible to officially transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android or vice versa, we have discovered some solutions:
via chat via email
E-mail chat is a WhatsApp feature that allows users to send a complete conversation via e-mail. You can save all conversations as drafts. Here’s what you need to do.
- Go to WhatsApp settings
- Go to chat settings> chat history> Email chat
- Choose the chat
- Choose with the media or attach the media (if you want the e-mail to include photos and videos shared with the user)
- In the e-mail app, you can type an e-mail address or choose to leave it blank.
- Leaving it empty will automatically save the email as a draft.
On your new smartphone (iPhone / Android), open the email app and watch the conversation.
The problem with via e-mail is that it doesn’t exactly transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. While you can read all your previous conversations, you won’t be able to see them in WhatsApp’s messaging app.
Also Read: Find And Increase Your Snapchat Score
via Dr. fone software
Dr. Fone falls under the popular data recovery software. It provides a range of tools for iOS and Android devices, such as recovery, data transfer, backup, etc. Dr. Fone is also a great tool to transfer data from Android to iPhone, especially if you’re stuck in the Move to iOS error.
Here we will use the Dr. App fone Restore Social App tool to transfer messages from Android to iPhone. Here are the steps.
- Download Dr. fone Restore Social Tool for Mac or Windows
- Open the software and click “Transfer WhatsApp messages”
- Connect your Android device and your new iPhone to your computer
- (Allow USB debugging on the Android device. You can find the settings in the Android device developer options)
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window in the software.
- In the end, you will receive a ” Your iPhone restore completed ” message
- Now eject your SIM from your Android phone and insert it into your iPhone.
You can also see this dr. Officer. Complete guide when restoring WhatsApp on your new smartphone. Now, one thing you should know before transferring chats from Android to iPhone is that WhatsApps does not recommend this method. Therefore, you can use it at your own risk.