How to turn off your PlayStation camera’s microphone
Attaching a camera to your PlayStation 4 is important for PlayStation VR. It truly is an incredible gadget that understands a lot of directions, however it works a little too well. When you leave PSVR — if you can ever bring yourself to play regular games again — the microphone on the camera stays on. Here’s how to stop that happening.
How to disable the PlayStation camera’s microphone
- Turn on your PlayStation 4.
- Press up on the left thumbstick to access the menu.
- Scroll right to the Settings tab.
- Press X on Settings.
- Press X on the Devices option. You might have to scroll down a bit to find it.
- Press X on the PlayStation Camera option.
- Select the Mute Microphone option and Press X so that a checkmark appears in the checkbox.
Having to disable the microphone instead of simply muting it is something of a pain, but most of the time you will have your own headset anyway. Having the PS Camera mic disabled does mean that you aren’t accidentally broadcasting personal conversations with your significant other, or telling your teammates what you really think of their idiotic gameplay.
Our top equipment picks
While you can use the PS camera for all sorts of things, the only thing you really want to use it for is Virtual Reality. PSVR is the very best use of your camera. Getting the bundle is the best value for your money.
The easiest way to play VR
The PlayStation VR bundle has everything you need to explore strange new worlds from the comfort of your own home.